The Wayback Machine

The internet archive is a truly fascinating machine. I remember when I was younger and first went on the internet and all the websites looked so modern and thought out to me. However, looking back at them now is somewhat amusing. Using this website has shown me just how much technology has progressed in such a short amount of time. This can be seen everywhere, especially with how different apps I’ve used have changed, when looking at their logos and formats. I believe the way-back machine can be extremely useful when studying the history of the digital age. It stores many different forms of media such as videos, audio, articles, and books. Twitter has changed drastically. Right off the bat, Twitter has added dark mode to its website, which allows users to change the interface of the website to their preference. The entire website has changed, they are much more minimalistic and allow users to navigate the website without an account. The logo is now bluebird instead of the old font and blue letters. The new site also includes five categories for users to explore: For you, Trending, Sports, News, and Entertainment. While the old site provides all kinds of topics creating an unorganized space for users to access. This experience has shown me how the Wayback Machine is a great source of knowledge that stores information continuously and how it is always growing